Monday, July 16, 2012

Help Wanted

The Craigslist Dallas classifieds suggest that my most marketable skill is reliable transportation. Not if I want a paper route in the suburbsthe hiring manager specifically says that if you live 15 miles away or more it will NEVER BE WORTH ITbut it's my major asset if I become a school portrait photographer: "No photography experience necessary." I don't need reliable transportation to become an art handler, though I should be willing to do two long hauls a month. There is a "specialty genre" romance novelist looking for a ghost writer, could become a long term thing; she'll email details if you like, but you'll eventually need to meet. Otherwise, my best shot seems to be an employer that doesn't even list qualifications. There's a man looking for a copy editor for his novel, for instance, ideally someone who could also write the ending.

No comments: